My collection of seashore necklaces is made from pure silver and they are designed and handmade by me here on the beautiful Isle of Mull. My jewellery is inspired by the fabulous environment I live in, there are lots of stunning white beaches on Mull with beautiful blue, green and turquoise seas. The shell pendants are created from shells I have found whilst out beachcombing, an activity in which I can lose myself for hours. My aim is to make beautiful pieces of treasure that capture beauty that the owner will be proud to wear.
In this collection there are five main pendant designs and a number of variations to choose from. The necklaces incorporate beads that reflect the colours of the sea and hang on a chain or black cord giving further choices. The chains are sterling silver and the waxed cord has sterling silver caps and clasp, the length can be 16″, 18″, 20″ or 22″. The design and necklace combinations allow you to personalise your selection and make it perfect for yourself or as a gift.
All my jewellery items are handmade so each piece bears its own slightly unique character though your pendant will be very similar to that in the photos.
- Seashore no.1 features a starfish that is approximately 2.6cm across, it can hang on a chain or cord. It includes sea coloured beads, there are more beads on the cord design.
- Seashore no.2 features a scallop shell that is approximately 1.9cm across, it can hang on a chain or cord. It includes sea coloured beads, there are more beads on the cord design.
- Seashore no.3 features a turret shell that is approximately 2.5cm long with an overall drop length of 3.7cm. It can hang on a chain or cord, both include sea coloured beads, there are more beads on the cord design.
- Seashore no.4 features a periwinkle sitting on a larger silver ring approximately 2.7cm diameter that also incorporates beads. It can hang from a chain or cord and in this design the cord has a further option of being knotted directly onto the pendant.
- Seashore no.5 features a limpet shell sitting on a larger silver ring approximately 2.7cm diameter that also incorporates beads. It can hang from a chain or cord and in this design the cord has a further option of being knotted directly onto the pendant.
Your selected piece of jewellery will be presented in a quality eco-friendly matchbox style gift box, grey in colour. If your purchase is a gift then you can have it sent directly to your recipient and there is an option at checkout to have your item gift wrapped with a handwritten message for an extra £3. Just remember to add your personal message in the ‘Notes’ box!
To protect the environment we live in I endeavour to reuse as well as use recycled and recyclable materials wherever possible. The sellotape I use is plastic free and any bubble wrap or plastic packaging will have been saved and reused. The silver I use is eco-friendly recycled silver with a quality of 99.9% making it pure silver.
Silver does tarnish when not worn and I would recommend using a silver cloth to bring back the shine, using a liquid silver dip will remove any contrast effects I may have applied.
Postage cost to the UK is free, your item will be mailed using the Royal Mail 24 hour tracked service though please bear in mind there is only one collection a day from Mull which may lead to an extra day before delivery. International postage to Europe and North America is an additional £4.50.